TOWN of WASHINGTON, MAINE DRAFT MINING ORDINANCE
ARTICLE X - AMENDMENT OF THIS ORDINANCE
- Review of Ordinance
- A Mineral Extraction Review Committee shall be appointed by the Selectmen.
- Five or more members shall be appointed for staggered three year terms.
- The Committee shall elect its chair from among its members.
- The Mineral Extraction Review Committee shall meet at least semi-annually to publicly review this ordinance and receive comments and suggestions from the public on possible amendments to this ordinance. The Committee shall present their recommendations to the Board of Selectmen.
- Initiation of Amendment
An amendment to this Ordinance may be initiated by:
- The Selectmen provided that a majority of the Board has so voted; or
- Written petition to the Selectmen bearing signatures of registered voters of the Town of Washington, Maine numbering at least ten percent (10%) of the number who voted in the last gubernatorial election.
- Adoption of Amendment
All proposed amendments to this Ordinance shall be voted on by the voters of the Town of Washington, Maine at a Town Meeting, a majority vote being required for adoption.
Mining Ordinance Index